Friday, August 9, 2013

My Maiden Life


Every girl’s life is divided into two zones: a Maiden Life and then the life after marriage. Many things change as one goes through the Transition, and then thereafter leading the life in Zone 2, until one meets souls' end.

Today me been in Zone 2 and going strong in this new phase , experiencing new things  each day , building good/bad memories on the path and struggling to make each bit, every ounce of life better I suddenly recall my old, fun and lighthearted days. … and yes I MISSED them … sometimes very badly … sometimes to the extent that I just wish to go back and reverse the clock to run backwards….!!!!!

No Doubt..  Zone 2 has its own charm … own excitement and as it is rightly said … "shaadi ka ladoo jo khaaye woh pachtaye n khaaye toh pachtaye" … so better to repent after getting onto other side of the table ..( pun intended)…then not getting there at allJ

It always seems to me that Zone 2 is a roller coaster ride … wherein you have to be really careful before being yourself … and yes this is one thing that I missed the most … Being Yourself !!!!

At one’s Mom place you can do exactly the way you feel and think, at a particular moment… I could yell whenever I was mad at things .. I could say straight if food didn't taste good … I could fight with my brother if he irritated me and then very next minute go to him and he makes it up quickly without analyzing or questioning the argument we had a minute before … here I don’t have to please anyone .. I can just be what I am … 

Your maiden Family will always forgive and forget .. they will correct you when you are wrong .. but at the same time won’t take your incorrect behavior till the eternity and play the blame games whenever they get a chance…

However on the other side of your life the picture is exactly opposite.. You are constantly under microscope .. Every word you utter … every gesture you perform,  is scrutinized and evaluated.. and the appraisal process is not a yearly affair here but a daily business….so Girl watch before you step , think before you say  and analyze before you act …. The RolePlay is a difficult one … and expectation is get it right in the first take…

But here I really don’t want to dig more into Zone 2 … as I am still gathering memories and yet to experience the unexpressed … so lets put a lock on this door ….

Going back to my Zone 1 ..its not like it was my favorite zone when I used to reside in there.. but now I missed been there .. But it is true, in that region I always dreamed about getting into Zone 2 …

I really missed my mom’s place where I spent my childhood .. where I grew up reading Nancy Drews and Famous Fives.. my favorite plate on which I used to eat my meals daily … all those little paintings that I drew .. all those crazy crafts that I did … all those tunes that I danced to .. all those fights that I had with my brother .. all those days when I cried when my mom got home late from the office .. all those moments when my brother assured me that Mom – Dad will get back from office don’t worry ..don't cry I am with you ….all those rains I enjoyed with my friends on our apartment terrace … yes I missed all of them … n today I feel so overwhelmed just by thinking about them…

I remember all those games that we played.. the dog and the bone, the military game, the hide and seek  and ghar ghar .. where in we used to cook our own food with toy utensils …

Another interesting thing me and my girl gang used to do was making Henna from scratch.. we had a henna tree in our neighboring building  … n every summers this used to be a task for us .. we used to go pluck some henna leaves … n then using stone grind it into paste ..put the paste in a plastic bag and make it into a cone .. and used to drew it on each others hand .. it used to be so much fun..

I missed those school uniforms, those gum boots.. that raincoat … my school books .. my compass box .. my tiny samosa shaped lunch box … my little doll … which my brother once operated upon and never got her back into shape .. when we were playing Doctor-Doctor…

I missed my blue tricycle and my red scooter … which I shared with my brother.. I missed that fall from the bike .. when my brother took me riding double seat on it…

I missed those summer vacations that I spent at my grandma’s place … I missed my village buddies … with whom I had mangoes and guavas straight from the trees.. I missed those hot summer afternoons and that glass of fresh lemonade made by my grandma … I missed those afternoon and after dinner card games … I missed those river baths and climbing hill tops…

I missed those dressing up on festivals and savoring on food…. I missed the shopping sessions with my Mom … n how difference of opinions we had on dress size ..When she always insisted on me buying one size big  …

I missed those calling out to friends from my apartment balcony and inviting them to the house when my parents were not around... So that we could talk all our little secrets …

I remember those lazy Sundays waiting anxiously for Disney world cartoons and Mom’s yelling to finish the breakfast quickly and to go and take bath…

I missed those once in a year our Dad taking us out to eat .. n we planning our menu weeks in advance … I missed my Dad’s scolding and his efforts to give us the best .. his determination and concern to make us something in life …

I missed those flying paper air crafts and those lovely picnics with my cousins.. I missed my family gatherings on Ganesh Pooja ..and savoring on mouth watering modaks…

These all seems to be so many little things but now when I look back … they are the most precious belongings I ever had …and  now I can't do anything else but just cherish them forever and ever!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment